Do you shy away from photos and social occasions because you feel ashamed of your smile? Would you like to feel proud of your smile? You may not realise the extent that Cardiff Invisalign Treatment could benefit you. There are a variety of treatments available to improve your grin and we will take a look at some of them here.
Cosmetic dentistry is all about the smile and the appearance of teeth. While many aspects are similar to restorative dentistry, cosmetics is a mixture of art and science. If you would like the benefit of teeth straightening without the obvious appearance of wearing braces then the Invisalign offers a clear, virtually invisible alternative to a traditional brace.
Before any treatment, you should think carefully about exactly what you want and thoroughly discuss your wishes and requirements with your Orthodontist. A thorough oral examination will take place to establish if there are any underlying issues and then plans can be made. For more information, visit http://cathedraldentalclinic.com/orthodontics-cardiff/invisalign-cardiff/
Other cosmetic treatments that you can research include:
- Dental Implants – used to replace a root portion of a missing tooth and fitted with a crown to create the appearance of a natural tooth.
- Tooth-coloured fillings – barely noticeable fillings for obvious reasons.
- Tooth contouring and reshaping – a drill or laser can be used to create a tooth shape of your choosing.
- Gum surgery – minor surgery can be undertaken to level out uneven gum lines.
- Porcelain bridgework – again used for missing teeth.
- Porcelain or composite veneers – a substitute for tooth enamel that can cover up dental imperfections.
- Teeth whitening – a great way to brighten a smile with many methods and products available.
- Porcelain crowns – great for covering over heavily damaged teeth with a more natural look and feel.
- Composite bonding – tooth coloured substance that can strengthen chipped teeth.
- Inlays and Onlays – a filling can be adjusted to look more like the colour of the natural tooth. When applied inside the tooth, it is called an inlay and when applied onto the outside of a tooth, it is called an onlay.
The advantages of having a clear brace is that they look better. You might be concerned that as an adult, a metal brace will look peculiar and unsightly. Invisalign braces are removable and if you need to remove them briefly to eat or drink then you can, which is not an option with a permanently fixed metal brace.
Clear braces are smooth whereas metal braces might have uncomfortable bits of wire sticking into your mouth and metal braces use quite a bit of force to reposition the teeth which can sometimes cause damage but these problems don’t occur with a clear aligner. Invisalign treatment also tends to be much quicker than metal braces and you’ll know exactly what to expect from the start due to computerized treatment planning. This will bring great peace of mind as metal braces can sometimes be a bit hit and miss with how the teeth eventually turn out.